James Myers, M.D.
- Infectious Inflammatory and Immunologic Disease
- Fungal infections; Infection control
James Myers, MD is Professor of Medicine in the Quillen College of Medicine at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City. Dr Myers is a native of this area , and graduated with a degree in Chemistry from ETSU .
After earning his medical degree at Wake Forest (Bowman Gray School of Medicine), Dr. Myers completed his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Infectious Diseases at East Tennessee State University. He previously served on the faculty as the Fellowship Director for Infectious Diseases but has now taken over as Program Director in the Department of Internal Medicine.
Dr. Myers is board certified in Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases and is a member of the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Microbiology, and the Infectious Diseases Society of America. He is the author of several book journals and articles in peer-reviewed journals.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Graduate: MD, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, 1981-1985
- Internship: Internal Medicine, James H. Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN, 1985-1986
- Residencies: Internal Medicine, James H. Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN, 1986-1988
- Fellowships: Infectious Diseases Fellowship, James H. Quillen College of Medicine, ETSU, Johnson City, TN, 1988-1990
- American Board of Internal Medicine, 1988;
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases, 1990
- Johnson City Medical Center, Johnson City, TN