M.J. Hajianpour, M.D.
Dr. Hajianpour is board-certified in clinical genetics and clinical cytogenetics. He is a diplomat of the American Board of Medical Genetics and the founding fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics. He has extensive experience in the field of medical genetics including pediatric and adult genetics, cancer genetics and prenatal genetics.
Before joining the ETSU faculty, he was on the faculty of the University of Iowa and Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. At ETSU, he provides evaluation and consultation for both pediatric and adult patients with genetic conditions, birth defects/multiple congenital anomalies, dysmorphic features and/or developmental delay/ intellectual disability. He is the consulting physician for follow-up of abnormal newborn screening for East Tennessee. He is also a member of the Genetic Advisory Committee for the State of Tennessee.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Clinical Genetics, University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, FL
Clinical Cytogenetics Fellowship: Genetics Institute, Pasadena, CA: 1990-1993
- Residency: Pediatric,University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, FL
- Graduate Education: PhD, Human Genetics, Newcastle, England, United Kingdom, 1980 - 1983
Medical Degree: University of Tehran, Iran, 1968 - 1975
- American Board of Medical Genetics
- American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics
- Johnson City Medical Center
- Niswonger Children’s Hospital